After looking through player data, and reading through the generous amount of feedback that you (the players) have given us were glad to announce that we’ll be releasing patch 2.2.6. This patch focuses on broad balance changes that will dramatically improve the feel of running a stage. This patch will also shorten the amount of time required to clear a stage.
Here’s a quick outline for the patch
- Broad balance changes to exp gain and character growth.
- Challenge mode now accessible earlier.
- Dying brings the player back to “idle mode” on the current area they’re in.
- Monster level only increases per area instead of per wave.
- Decreased number of waves from 10 to 5.
- Removed wave walking transitions.
- Decreased monster growth rates based on difficulty.
- Increased Sylpheed’s base stats in challenge mode.
- XP/Hr display is changed to XP/min.
Stage balance changes.
Decreased number of waves from 10 to 5
The number of waves is just an artificial difficulty which only lengthens the time to clear the area.
Monsters’ level only increases per area instead of per wave
Previously monsters in game would scale up per wave thus causing sudden spikes in difficulty when nearing the area’s boss.
In this patch waves will only increase the amount of monsters spawned. There will be no increases to monsters’ individual stats in between waves.
Idle mode, is a new stage progression system that allows players to safely farm XP. With our new changes to monster stat scaling and how exp is earned; XP per monster is equal across all waves of an area, as such idling being idle mode will allow players to rack up status points to push even higher.
When dying in an area players will be sent into idle mode. In idle mode players will stay there unless they press either “Continue” or Fight Boss” buttons.
Removed wave walking transitions
Having Sylpheed walk from wave to wave was unintended time padding. As such we’ll only be having the walking transition happen every area; and when you’re moving towards the boss. This should greatly speed up clear times.
Increased level pacing
Players should be able to level up faster in the earlier areas of a stage now.
Other notable stage changes.
- Stage HUD has been updated to reflect changes.
- Instant reward is only purchasable after area 5
- XP/Hr has been changed to XP/min.
Challenge mode and world map changes
Easier unlock conditions
Players are now able to unlock world map and challenge mode fairly early in the run. This should allow players to reset their run, or grind it out in challenge mode to earn spirits.
Increased Sylpheed base stats in challenge mode
We’ve increased her challenge mode stats to give you guys a bit of a helping hand.
- Applied fix for Ads not rewarding. Will be monitoring this.